Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two Months Old!

The last two months have gone so fast. Amazing how time flies when you aren't pregnant! A fact that I am happy about everyday...


Alessandro is getting big, really big. I always heard that you can't overfeed a breastfed baby, but Honestly! He is probably about 15 or 16 pounds. He has his two month check up Friday so I will have a more exact number.

He is such a good baby, thank goodness. He is sleeping through the night, and never really cries, he just grunts when he starts getting hungry. It is really nice to have such a good baby.
I paid my Mommy dues with Isabella, let me tell you. The first three months of her life she nursed every hour (sometimes every 30 minutes!). She didn't sleep through the night till she was about a year old. She still doesn't sleep too much, not that I am comparing, just that I deserved an easy baby this time!


We have vaccinations tomorrow for both kiddos. I think that they should give the parents a Valium when your kids are going to get vaccines, it is so horrible to see them look at you! I don't know what I will do about Isabella. She is not one to keep her thoughts to herself.
We went to get sealants on her teeth today (we tried to at least). They just put in the spacer to keep her mouth open and she lost it. She preceded to tell the dentist that she is a mean person, and they are no longer friends. Needless to say we left ,without sealants. Have I mentioned before that 4 is challenging? (That's putting it lightly!)
Anyway, who know what she will say tomorrow when they give her the shots. Good times.

In a moment of what must have been a tiny bit o' crazy I decided that I wanted to run the Seattle Half Marathon. I am not a runner, and I actually hate running. So we will see how this works out. I have been training about four weeks now, still not a big fan of running... I am hoping that there will just be this moment when I will love it. Everyone I know who is a runner loves it, maybe I can too. (PS-still hate it a little, walking is much more enjoyable)
The paperwork is sent, so there is no going back now!!

I will post some pics soon!

4 comments:

Paul and Susan said...

I'm glad he is a good baby for you. He sounds like he is going to be a big boy like Soren. I love it when a baby thrives. Hope you survive the shots with the kids. No fun.

Melissa said...

Way to go Isabella! I wish i had the courage to tell off my dentist when I was four. You'll have to tell me what she said to the nurses who gave her the shots.

I think the 2 month shots are the WORST! Soren just had his 4 month, and they went much better. And speaking of 2 month - whoa?! When did Alessandro get that old? Wasn't he born last Tuesday?

I am so glad he is a good baby - you do deserve it! I can't wait for him and Soren to be buddies. They are both big boys! Although Soren slowed down a little. He was averaging 5 lbs a month until this month. He is a healthy 16.5 lbs and 26.5 inches long.

Good luck with the marathon - I also hate running. I am trying to do Slim N 6 with my neighbor (who has an 18 lb. four month old who is 2 days older than Soren.) We were good the first week, but sucked it up sleeping in on week two. SO next week we will try harder.

Take care!

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

That is awesome you are going to do a half marathon! When is it?

Melissa said...

Alright... I'm on the edge of my seat, here. You've got to update me someday! Take care.