Friday, January 22, 2010

I am a blog slacker!!

Okay, well I know it has been a while. I am sure that there are probably many who gave up, but the blog is back! I am a blog slacker, but also my laptop had a tragic accident back in May 09. So it is not entirely my fault. My darling daughter was "flying around the house" as Tinkerbell and caught the cord for my laptop and it fell...ahh! The screen was all cracked and everything. Horrible. I can even remember the last thing that I was looking at, lockets on Etsy (I was looking at Mother's Day gifts for myself). Anyways after so long, I finally have a new computer! It is a beautiful powerbook! Jose found it for me, because he knows that the Internet is my only connection to the outside world. Pathetic yes. Going out into the world with two kids...exhausting. I love it, and now the blogging can continue.

The last eight months have been crazy. Having two children is every bit of the challenge that I had imagined and then some, but I love it. The best part is now that Sandro is crawling and much more able to interact I love seeing he and his big sister play together. By play I mean Isabella telling him what to do and Sandro cracking up thinking that she is playing a game. My bossy girl...like Mother like Daughter. Or something like that.

Isabella started her last year of preschool in September, and will start Kindergarten this fall. How did this happen? How do I have an almost five year old... Time does fly when you have kids. I know everyone says that, but it really is true. It goes in warp speed.
She is a wonderful with Sandro and very patient. She has exceeded our expectations of how she would adjust in her new role. She is so sweet to her little brother. I know this will probably not always be the case, but I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts.
She is coloring all the time, she loves art. She makes her own little books, and has me write in all of the words. They are so adorable, I will try to add some photos of some of her latest masterpieces. Last time we spoke on the matter (yesterday) she told me that she wants to be a dolphin trainer when she grows up. This can change on a daily basis, so updates will be made on the matter. She did express concern about being a working mother, at which time I assured her that I would take care of her kids while she was training the dolphins. Thus proving ladies, you can have it all ;)

Alessandro is ten months old now, with four sharp shiny teeth! Crawling, babbling, and just being his adorable self. He has such a mellow spirit something very needed in our family with all of these feisty Latin people. ( and a feisty danish mutt)

I completed the Seattle half marathon at the end of November. I started training when Alessandro was four weeks old and it was a really great feeling to finish after all of the preparation. I fully intend to keep up with the running and also to run the same marathon this year and maybe the rock and roll marathon in June too. It was so cool to do something that I NEVER thought that I would do, being that I hated running. (Note still HATE running on a treadmill, LOVE running on the Burke Gillman trail located right behind our house!)

Well, that is a brief recap of things...Of course there are some things I am forgetting, as I remember them I will try to put them in here. Oh and some pictures too. I am so bad about the photos. Did I mention that I am in love with my computer?
Adios!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay! You're back! This will make Idaho and Washington so much closer - when I am back in idaho, that is. Very glad about the new computer. And very glad to here all went well with the half marathon. I can't believe you ran that already. Where have I been?