Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Weekend is Over already?

Well just a little about the weekend....umm nothing super exciting. Friday night we stayed in and I spent the night getting ready for a makeup job on Saturday. Saturday while I was gone working, Jose and Bella were on their own.
I think that they had a great time as they always do! I was so happy to get back home (which took forever because there was a Husky game!), but I really love it when they get to spend time together just the two of them.
After I got home we left for Everett, my sister-in-law made us a delicious late lunch/dinner. By the time we got there we were starving so we ate super fast. It was a Peruvian dish called arroz con pollo, or rice and chicken. YUM! I was looking for a picture of it, because like most Peruvian cuisine it is a very pretty dish, but no luck. I found a pretty good recipe instead. After that we went home and I fell asleep at 10:30pm, I blame spending the day in high heels with this little boy weighing me down!

Arroz con pollo
Category:
Chicken recipes
Servings:
16
Time:
60 minutes


Ingredients
8 small boneless and skinless chicken breasts
5 cloves of fresh garlic
1 small finely chopped onions
3 cups rice (not instant)
10 cups chicken bouillon
1 cup chopped cilantro (see notes, below)
4 cups frozen peas
2 red bell peppers cut in very thin strips
2 cups of green pitted olives
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15 ounce) tomatoes, diced, drained
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
8 saffron threads
Salt and pepper to give taste

Preparation (1 hour)
Add the rice and red bell pepper.
Sauté salted and peppered chicken breasts in oil until browned and cooked completely; remove.
In the same oil, cook the garlic and onion until tender.
Cook over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
Combine the chicken to the garlic and onion.
Add the cilantro and boullion and boil.
Add peas and continue to simmer over low heat until rice is cooked.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oo! Delicious looking recipe! And I can't believe you were wearing heels all day. You go girl! I might be okay if I never seen heels again. And now that I just quit my job, I've traded my skirts for sweats. Okay, I'm sure everyone would appreciate if I still tried to look nice - whatever.

Can't wait to see you soon! Crazy to think I'll be back in Washington on Thursday.